BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The New Doctor...?

Well, as many of you know, I had to choose a new doctor to deliver the baby and see me for my last month and a half, as my current doctor has come to retirement. It was a sad day to hear that, as she has been such a good doctor to me, despite my original issues! But she referred me out to another doctor who used to work in her offices, and who practices much the same that she does. I was nervous about what was in store for me, but I knew that no matter what, I had to be able to move on and be strong. So Monday, we tracked off to the new office (which surprisingly is actually just right next door to my old doctor's!) and prepared for whatever was to happen! The office was quiet, and no patients were in there (you would think that would be scary, but we prefer it that way, it means quicker care!!!) and they got me right started with all my paper work. As I filled everything out, they came out quickly to bring me back. First, hitting the scales (because I didn't quite have to pee yet... the dreaded test I have to do EVERY TIME I go in! haha). ONE POUND LOST!!! YAY!!! That's a good sign right. She weighed me twice, just to be sure. I was ecstatic! The nurse was very nice, and helpful, and that made things a little easier. Then we waited patiently for the doctor to arrive. Not knowing WHAT to expect... I had only seen her picture on Tuality's website, to try to bring a little bit of comfort, but wouldn't you know, she resembled nothing of that picture. She was shorter than I expected (which of course is not a bit deal) and had made some changes since that original picture. She was very comforting, and very quick to greet us properly as she walked in. She asked us all the usual questions, then got RIGHT down to business. She mentioned the weight loss, but said it was nothing to be concerned about because of the weight I am at to begin with. She measured my tummy, and said I was a little bit smaller than what I should be... that was surprising to me, because Dr. Arrington always says I'm perfectly on track. So hopefully she was just measuring wrong??? But the bonus to that is that I get another ultrasound if she thinks I'm still measuring small!!! I wouldn't mind another one of those! She said my iron was a little low (as determined by my previous glucose blood draw) but I am not surprised, because I am having one heck of a time getting those prenatal taken everyday. I'm working hard at it, but I'm not a pill taker, so it's very hard for me to be consistent at something I'm not used to! But I'm working on it! But other than that, things went very well with this appointment. I see her again in two weeks, so we'll see where things are at then!

0 comments: