BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 29, 2008

28.5 Weeks - - Can you believe it?

Well - - we've reached the third trimester, and have had little issues with the pregnancy up to this point. I have had one strained back muscle, which was probably the most miserable experience I have ever had to go through (even more than labor with no meds, if you can believe it?) and I went through one bladder infection, which wasn't as bad because they at least gave me some pain meds for overcoming that! Since it was safe for the little miss. But this last Wednesday I had my most recent visit to the doctor. Of course this little lady has been moving and kicking like crazy, so I didn't have any fears of bad news going in to this appointment, but expected to get an earful about my weight, which I wouldn't blame her for getting on my case about. But I didn't even get any of that. We quickly looked for the heartbeat, and there it was, at a strong 150 bpm as it has remained since her very first monitoring! Occasionally it was a little bit faster, but has always evened out to be about the same pace. The doctor said that she is growing right as she's supposed to, and my prego tummy is exactly where it's supposed to be. So far my blood pressure remains in good standings, which I was worried about because with Ethan, mine started to raise and was pretty cautionary. But this time I'm more mellow I guess! haha... So far no swelling (except an occasional bad night or two) but she is definately treating me a lot better than Ethan did. I think it was because he was so ready to get out and meet these voices he had been hearing that he'd of done anything! The only bad news that we've gotten, is the doctor I have been seeing, and who delivered Ethan, has decided that she is retiring, and will be ending ber OBGYN practice on October 1st. EEEKS! I'm not due until November 14th. So I am in the process of finding a new doctor who will suit my needs for the last month. She did refer me out to the OB next door, whome she says practices very similar to her, so of course I'll be contacting her first! But am very nervous to have to do this so late in the game. But who knows, in the end I'll probably get stuck with some on call doctor anyway (just hoping it's not the guy doctor!). I am hopeful to remain an all natural child birthing mama this time around, so I have to find a doctor who is going to support those desires and needs as well. I have to start going in every two weeks from this point on, and eventually I go down to my weekly appointments. It's amazing how fast this pregnancy is treating me. Eventually I guess I'll have to take some belly shots, but I'm dreading it because I feel like I look HORRIBLE! But I have to have at least one photo to commemerate me as a prego right?!? I'll keep you posted as we draw near to the due date. I'll maybe also write some stories about the Glucose test I am dreading taking in the next week. You never know!

0 comments: