BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 15, 2008

One More Appointment Down... 31.5 weeks! We're getting close!

Oh Goodness... I hate not having any pictures to share on here, but I just don't take good pregnancy pictures! haha... Well, I attempted my next doctor appointment, my 31.5 week. Eeks... and though it was delightful to hear that I'm doing so well in this pregnancy, with my good blood pressure, and this little one growing right along as she's supposed to, yet, in many ways, this was my hardest doctor appointment.

We did get to hear the heartbeat, and she's now at 140 bpm - - her heart seems to be slowing down quite a bit, and I guess it's okay because the doctor doesn't seem to be alarmed. Yet for me, I'm curious as to whether or not it's normal, or even okay! haha...

After putting off for a month my LEAST favorite lab work, the gestational diabetes blood draw, I was hesitant to ask if the results had come back. With a giant bruise on my arm where they took blood from, I stared in horror as the doctor checked. Wouldn't you know, they were back. And even worse, my levels were "a bit high" as the doctor stated. A BIT HIGH?!? I'm scared. After not eating anything from 10 pm the night before, and having my blood drawn at 8:30 in the morning, I can only fear the worse of this situation. The doctor says it's probably nothing to worry about, that often they come back high, and the second test confirms everything is okay. But here's the kicker, if I thought the first attempt at this lab was horrible, the second one is going to be MISERABLE! I have to show up at 8:15 in the morning, and then at 8:30 they will make me drink that disgusting glucose syrup... hopefully they'll let me have lemon lime! Then, I have to sit there for an hour... doing what? I have no idea... Then they will draw my blood... then guess what??? I'll have to wait ANOTHER hours... then they'll draw my blood again... and if that wasn't HORRIBLE enough, I have to wait yet again another hour, and have my blood drawn one final time. I am so scared and worried... mostly because I hate needles as it is... but the other is because I will be all on my own as this is happening. No one to keep me company or keep me calm. Usually I have Allan to distract me for these things, but he can't escape for 3 hours for this test. No way... So needless to say I'm miserable right now... but I'll get over it...

The other thing that made this visit hard on me, was that it was the final time I would be meeting with my current doctor. She will be retiring from Obstetrics on October 1st, and has referred me to a new doctor. Aside from some of my own problems in my last pregnancy, she has been a wonderful doctor for me. She doesn't BS me, she tells me everything straight to the point, and doesn't worry me over things that don't need to be worried over. I could tell in many ways that her heart was breaking at the thought of knowing she would be leaving a profession that she has practiced her WHOLE career. But in all that, she had given me and Allan her personal contact information, so that she could at least be informed of the delivery. I told her I wouldn't have it any other way. She asked if she was welcome to come down while I was in labor, and we heavily encouraged it.

I'm nervous about meeting this new doctor I'll be seeing for my last two months. But I am sure she will treat me well. Dr. Arrington wouldn't steer me wrong... I don't think??? I'll be starting with her on September 29th, and hopefully will have some great updates about the new doctor. I am hopeful that everything will turn out well as far as this transition goes, and the only REAL fear that I have is that I am "due" on November 14th, and I have to hope that I either go early, or right on time, because she goes on vacation November 19th... SCARY!

Well... there's your latest update... Hopefully there will maybe be some prego pictures in the near future, but I wouldn't hold your breath! haha... The baby shower is coming up soon, so believe you me, there will be many great stories to share from that. And of course there will be a great deal of pictures to share from that experience!

Well, I'll keep you updated as the appointments continue to take place, and I'll let you know about how I feel about the new doctor! Until then, keep me in your thoughts that everything turns out just fine!!! And that my big fears of gestational diabetes is just a fluke! Talk to you soon!

1 comments:

Sarah Mwango said...

ahhh the dreaded test... I had to do that too. Luckily these little old ladies were there to keep me company. They were both nuns and dressed accordingly. It was really interesting and an experience I will never forgot. I also got the newbie to draw blood and it took her 4 trys the first time and by the end we were down to only 2 tries. LOL SOOOO if you see the newbie look in their eyes just ask for someone else. I hope it goes good and I am sorry you have to go through that! Can't wait for the shower!