BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 18, 2008

A Nursery DESIGNED for a Princess!

Here is the beginnings of her walls. Allan picked out the colors from a pamphlet we got at Home Depot. They technically were for "High School Musical" - - or Grease 2008 as it should be called. But I think they are lovely! The room started coming together RATHER quickly!
Allan decided that he wanted Madelyn's room to have some "Depth" and so he went with the crown molding, which isn't a "top" choice for me, but I must admit, it looks cute. He also decided that the ceiling would be painted as well, which again I would not make that choice, but this is his room! haha... I took control of Ethan's room and was VERY particular about it, so I am patiently sitting back and only making sure he doesn't make it TOO busy!
The fan looks SO cute. It has since been modified even more, but he's doing wonderful things with adding colors and depth to this room!
And the border... Allan designed it for the most part, I made a few suggestions, and in the end, this is what we have come up with. It looks SO darn cute that I just can't stand it!
And the infamous Allan lightswitch cover! He has a SPECIAL ability to make things look so cute! I am always in awe of how much talent my husband has. We were sitting discussing last night that you know, we don't have a lot of money, we pay our mortgage, we pay our bills, and occasionally we can go do fun things, but in the end, we've been able to BLESS our chidren with awesome rooms, without having a large budget to do so. We're excited to be able to bring her home to this AMAZING sanctuary that was designed JUST for her. Ill have to do a blog on Ethan so you can see the amazing Mickey Mouse room that has since been transformed and is a room that EVERY kid would want! Let me know what you think!

1 comments:

Sarah Mwango said...

YAYAYA!!! I love it! It looks so girlie and cute! It motivates me to finish the polka dots in Malaika's room so I can post pictures!! Can I borrow your hubster? hehe